• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep does not run right, has code P0132 cam position sensor

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
I am very frustrated with my jeep

here are the symptoms

starts fine, idles good, drives good, then all of a sudeen it will start sputtering. I can stop, and get on the road again, and within a minute of so it will start doing it again

it runs better at high RPM, this usually happens in the low/mid range

I have to install two things that are missing, the vacuum canister, and the O2 sensor behind the CAT

it throws codes for the O2 sensor and P0132 cam positioner sensor. In my chilton, the cam positioner sensor is the "coil pickup" because the 4.0 does not technically have a cam position sensor

i already replaced the TPS and CPS, though the CPS has a poor connection at the clip, I am fixing that now and also installing the vacuum canister and exhaust (the exhaust fell off awhile ago, thats why there is no O2 sensor. It fell off right before the CAT)

my obd2 jeep will run rough if I disconnect the rear o2 sensor. . .
you should make sure the cam sensor is indexed correctly and the connection is clean.

what cam sensor?

i was told the 4.0 inline 6 does not have a cam sensor.

I replaced the coil pickup under the distributor rotor, everything felt tight and I know it is put back together correctly.

is there a cam sensor on the 4.0?

I replaced the coil pickup under the distributor rotor, everything felt tight and I know it is put back together correctly.

is there a cam sensor on the 4.0?

The part you are calling the coil pick up is the cam sensor. Theres a installation procedure to follow in the service manuel.. Maybe the new one is bad. Check the wiring and connector .

Good Luck

Nick

Back