• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

retreve Odometer

Benijeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have an XJ 2001 & a 1997 XJ both I had to change the Speedometer Clusters, Sad part is the "new" clusters from the Salvage yard where from high millage vehicles....... any thing I can do to restore the Clusters to my cars original Millage?

Any help would be great!

I've heard there are independent programmers who can match the mileage for around $100-200 depending on your location. That's just what I've heard from other posts here. I would try to avoid the stealership as they will certainly inflate the price and try to make you think its impossible to have done elsewhere.

The independent programmer might do that, but it is $60 or less at your dealer for the same service, and yes I did get the PCM reprogrammed.

On the 97+ the mileage is stored in the PCM and in the gauge cluster, but they don't communicate to each other on that.

Back