• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another power door lock problem

justins99xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. Okay I just got a xj and I'm a newb to this forum, but I did search for info on this first before posting but nothing seemed to help.
My problem is my 99 xj doors lock every time the front passenger door opens, and the driver side switches don't seem to work at all as long as the other door is open. Not a huge deal but it's a pain to make sure the I and the kid's have there doors open before my wife opens her's.
Anyone have the same issue? Any input will help. thanks.

you've got a short in the wire bundle in the passenger side door

pull the door panel and kick panel, look for the short and fix it with butt connectors

x2
however make sure to not put any connectors in the part that flexes (between the door and the kick panel) I would reccomend cutting the bad wires back and running a new wire through the rubber boot.

My reasoning is that the connectors will not flex, causing the wire to flex right where it is in the connector which will eventually cause them to break and then u r back to square one.

Problem solved. I looked at the wires between the door and door jam in the rubber part. there was a blue and pink wire that was cut 99% of the way thruogh. As long as the door was shut it made a connection, but when the door was opened, no connection. I ran a new wire through and made the connection and now it works. Guess I should have looked first:doh:
thanks for your input.

Back