• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fixing a brand new trackbar

guillermo

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a new Rough Country trackbar and the TRE has movement... Will a Rubicon Express 3/4 heim joint fit instead of the TRE ? This way it would still be adjustable and I can buy or fab a trackbar bracket to install it. Thanks.

wow... thats no good, have you talked to rough country yet? if not call them up and i think they should square you away without too many problems

If I understand your problem correctly, I had the same problem when I got mine. With mine, the stud the castle nut threads onto immediately stripped whenever I tried to tighten it. I searched on here and found the replacement part # for the tre and got a replacement. I also called RC and told them what happened and they sent a new joint overnight. Now I have a good joint on the track bar and a trail spare. If you search you should be able to find the # for the end.

Good Luck!

Why not send the P.O.S. Rough Country track bar back, get a refund, and buy an RE track bar ? Simple solution, strong track bar, no TRE to wear out or strip threads.

Back