• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What size are rusty's leaf spring bushings???

kmanxj5050

NAXJA Forum User
i have searched over and over on here and the web. I have gotten mixed answers. I called there and the guy the answered told me stock size 2" and 2.5". On here i have hear 2" and 1.5"

Just looking for some clarification so i can get the right ones the FIRST time.

O yeah i bought these spring summer of 07. 4.5" lift

thanks

Rusty's Replacement Bushings are the Same Size as Stock Bushings. On their Site you can Order Either, Stock or Rusty's. The Sizes are the Same.

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-RB1271&Category_Code=Leaf

Leaf Spring - Bushing Kit
Code: RC-RB1271 Price: $59.00

* Main Eye Bushings - 2
* Shackle Eye Bushings - 2

RC-LSB1_01.jpg

2.2109 Rear Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings
Rear Leaf Spring and Shackle Bushings
Part Number: 2.2109
Manufacturer: Energy Suspension
Color Choices:
*Black
*Red

Price: $43.65

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=2.2109

ES22109G_lg.jpg

why are there so many damn threads on here saying that they arent the same then lol.

I don't Know Why.

That's what Rusty's Told me when I Inquired about the Difference Between the Stock and Rusty's Bushings on their XJ Leaf Spring Replacement Bushings.

Maybe someone Who Replaced their Bushings on their Rusty's Leaf Springs would Chime in on this. That would be Helpful. IMHO

Someone said that they changed thier sizes within the last year or so. I just replaced mine that are from 2007 and there were a different size than stock. The front is 2" and the rear is 1.5. I think the stock ones are 2.5" front and around 1.75 rear.

I have Rusty's 4.5" packs. When it came time to replace a rear bushing, I went to my local 4wd shop. I asked the dude at the register, he went outside to take a look, came back in and threw a set of bushings on the counter.

When in doubt, ask an 'expert.' That way you can hold them accountable if/when things go south.

Watch out for these...they are a huge PITA if your leaf packs are as wide as the mount/shackle itself. Notice how the stock-style bushings are meant to mount flush. There really isn't room for the spacers on either side of the aftermarket bushings.

Ok, I'm aware that hundreds of you will disagree, but this is what I've found...on my rig.

My rustys rubber bushings went out, called him up and he sent me new ones.

DId you have to have a receipt from your lift kit or anything? I just bought a used kit from another member that had completely worn out bushings and after trying a OEM one and realizing that they don't fit, I ordered up a complete replacement bushing set from Rusty's to the tune of $73!!! there was no mention on the website that it could be warrantied?

Of and to all the people that say they use stock bushings, maybe at one point they did but not anymore... Clearly says on the webpage either choose stock springs or Rusty's

i have the rusty's springs and they had gone bad of course.... i ordered the energy susp. bushing kit, and found the front eyes are 2 in not 2.5 like the oem. i just got out the grinder and went to town till they fit.

Here, directly from Rusty's website:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Rusty’s offers replacement bushings for its XJ Cherokee leaf springs in either rubber or poly. The factory OEM bushings will not fit the Rusty’s leaf springs.

Rusty’s also offers replacement rubber and poly bushings for factory XJ Cherokee springs.

The Rusty’s spring bushing kit consist of all replacement bushing for both rear springs at the main eye and at the shackle end.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE][/FONT]So, they Rusty's bushings and stock bushings are NOT the same. No size's given on the website though.

I'm in the same boat, bought the springs in summer 07 and after less than 10,000 miles they are done for. He does offer them for the Rusty's springs in either polyurethane or rubber. So get them in poly if you want them to last longer.

Doesn't this thread make you NOT want to buy rusty's springs? I mean ALOT of people are going through bushings on their leaf springs meaning they are cheap and not worth the $$. My gf's brother has Rusty's 3" springs and had to replace the bushings cuz they wore out very fast. I've had my OME springs on for 3 years and the bushings don't look worn at all.

Ive read lately of just as much people complaining about RE's 'out of country' sourced leaf springs and having problems with them too. I've also read that Rusty's has switched to stock size Eyes on his springs so that should solve the problems. The damage is done though with all the people who have bought his old springs. I love the flex they get, but I'm going to have to go to poly bushings and hope they don't blow out.

Waking this from the dead...

The 4.5" MJ leafs I got from rustys last summer are not stock eye size, as I discovered while trying to change them out, guess I should have done my research. The bushings just went bad (completely wasted now) after around 10 months and 8-10 thousand miles. I expected better than this.

I would buy the leafs again because I have beat them up pretty good and they haven't sagged a bit but I would rip the bushings out and get poly ones right off the bat next time. Under a year and 20k miles to completely wear out a bushing (metal on metal contact, no rubber left) is very disappointing, the stock bushings with 20 years and 240k miles on them were still serviceable when I took them out with the springs. Here I was thinking I was buying an upgrade from stock built to handle offroad usage.

Back