• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What lights does everyone have?

kmanxj5050

NAXJA Forum User
What offroad lights do you have. I am probably going to be building some new round tube bumpers soon (get rid of these junk square ones) And i was looking at the Kragen/Xenon. HID's for 200 bucks they seem pretty nice.

Any input and post up pic of what you guys have. :cheers:

ive got a pair of procomp 6" spotlights converted to HID with a kit from BajaHID.com and i love em. the lights were only about 25$ a piece and i got a good deal on the kit. the hardest part was finding somewhere to mount the ballasts. eventually im going to be buying 4 more lights, 2 spots and 2 floods, and converting them to HID as well and putting them on the roof.

got pics?

of my 2 lights?

HDR_test_final2_small.jpg

they are mounted behind the headlight buckets inside the engine compartment. i had to cut the connectors off to feed them through the holes in the light housings, and then i made the wires long enough to put the ballasts where i wanted and soldered everything back together. that was almost 2 years ago and i dont baby my rig, they are holding up great. although last time out at Johnson Valley i hit a crater pretty hard and knocked one of the ballasts loose and broke it, so make sure they are mounted securely.

I too have the Kragen HID ill try and get a picture up of them on at night.. I just have to wait for it to get dark to take a picture...

no pic i have them on a light bar thats off and ive only used them once, where i live they are too brite for anything but the dezert, and the protective lens they come with will turn yellow if its on a DD in the sun a lot

Back