• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get CPS...

Xtreme XJ

NAXJA Member #1138
NAXJA Member
So is this a "dealer only" purchase... I know it's available elsewhere... I'm asking cause the local dealer is one of the ones who closed their doors...
NAPA ?? other ?? Yeah/Neah ??

Thanks for the thoughts...
Curt

on stuff like that, i usually prefer the dealer. having worked aftermarket parts AND mopar dealers, my second choice for electrical goodies would be napa.

All the parts stores can get um. My work, O'Reilly's, stocks them. I'm sure napa,auto zone, vip, pep boys, car quest, ect can all get them if not in store. Plus there are plenty of online sources for them.

Wow - is this your first part purchase? Have you seen the inside of a NAPA or AutoZone?
Let your fingers do the work. make a call or two. :twak:

"My first part purchase"... Well... no it isn't JACKASS !! :twak: It IS my first CPS purchase. The reason for the post was to try and get thoughts on other then O.E. sensors. Like those available elsewhere at the parts house chain stores. As I stated my local Chrysler Dealer is no more... if it were I would purchase one there.
"Have you seen the inside of a NAPA or AutoZone?"... Well...yes I have JACKASS !! :twak: more then I want to. Just what bearing does that have as to whether I should get an O.E. or parts house chain sensor or their quality??

I'm sure my fingers will get a work out replacing the part.

Everyone else thank you for your thoughts. I don't buy online, but I will shop.

Jeff... Thanks for the call and the input, I called NAPA and will get it on the way home tomorrow.

Curt

So is this a "dealer only" purchase... I know it's available elsewhere... I'm asking cause the local dealer is one of the ones who closed their doors...
NAPA ?? other ?? Yeah/Neah ??

"My first part purchase"... Well... no it isn't JACKASS !! :twak: It IS my first CPS purchase. The reason for the post was to try and get thoughts on other then O.E. sensors. Like those available elsewhere at the parts house chain stores. As I stated my local Chrysler Dealer is no more... if it were I would purchase one there.
"Have you seen the inside of a NAPA or AutoZone?"... Well...yes I have JACKASS !! :twak: more then I want to. Just what bearing does that have as to whether I should get an O.E. or parts house chain sensor or their quality??

Dude, you didn't ask about the quality of "other than O.E. sensors". You asked if it was dealer only, then you said it's available elsewhere. Really, nobody had a clue what you were asking in your first post. Save the attitude for another time.

As for quality, I'm using whatever Pep Boys had in stock 2 years ago and haven't had a problem. Had to change it in the parking lot at work.

Dude, you didn't ask about the quality of "other than O.E. sensors". You asked if it was dealer only, then you said it's available elsewhere. Really, nobody had a clue what you were asking in your first post. Save the attitude for another time.

As for quality, I'm using whatever Pep Boys had in stock 2 years ago and haven't had a problem. Had to change it in the parking lot at work.

What y'all can't get in my head to know what I'm think'n :D
I can see the vagueness... from my thoughts I asked if it was a dealer only purchase... not a dealer only item, admittedly they're close an can be misconstrued, but that was my lead towards quality as opposed to availability... sensors being what they are (probably not clear enough). The fact that I mentioned the parts house would indicate I'm aware of the availability elsewhere... maybe I should have made it clearer... the Yeah/Neah was also a lead towards O.E. or aftermarket... again too vague I guess.
Believe it or not I did save the attitude... for this time... :peace:

Thanks for the input...
Curt

OP seemed clear to me.
-What is the preferred brand and best source?-?

Looks like Mopar and next is NAPA.

Wonder if Bosch makes them?

Regards,
O

Back