• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

e-fan

balrog429

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Ok, so while I was installing a tranny cooler today I broke the mount on one side of the Aux fan, where the bolt holds it to the radiator brace. I was going to go to the junkyard and try to find one that will get me going. But, in the spirit of upgrading is there another year that is better than mine? I have a 91 4.0.

The plastic in the Efan is a thermoplastic, meaning it can be heated and rejoined, plastic welded. Sometimes I use a gas stove to heat up a meta l butter knife and plastic weld repair it that way when I am too lazzy to pull out my real plastic welder.

The pro plastic welder is just a hot air device. I think Harbour freight has some cheap ones now. Mine uses a dry air compressor.

I have repaired 3 of these efans with nothing more than a butter knife and a gas stove to heat the knife.

The plastic in the Efan is a thermoplastic, meaning it can be heated and rejoined, plastic welded. Sometimes I use a gas stove to heat up a meta l butter knife and plastic weld repair it that way when I am too lazzy to pull out my real plastic welder.

The pro plastic welder is just a hot air device. I think Harbour freight has some cheap ones now. Mine uses a dry air compressor.

I have repaired 3 of these efans with nothing more than a butter knife and a gas stove to heat the knife.
I bought one of the harbor freight plastic welders and it didn't work for sh!t. It just overheated and burned up. Yes I was running air through it. It was probably some kind of production defect but I think an airless plastic welder is a better idea.

I bought one of the harbor freight plastic welders and it didn't work for sh!t. It just overheated and burned up. Yes I was running air through it. It was probably some kind of production defect but I think an airless plastic welder is a better idea.

I don't know about the HF welder as I never had one, but the pro units will burn out the heater elements too, if you turn off the air before turning off the heater and letting the heater cool down. Like wise turning on the heater element with out having the air on and flowing first will also burn out the heater element. I buy extra heater elements for mine, for fubars, like hitting the wrong switch in the wrong order:banghead:.

Back