• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Place to Buy an OX Locker??

xjnmud

NAXJA Forum User
im looking for a good price for a d30 ox and cable. anyone know anygood deals/ sites?

the best i can find so far is $942 after shipping for the locker and cable.
this was at 4wheelonline.com

Thanks

Ox is Nearby me. I have a Friend over at Xtreme Jeep here in Tampa. Give him a Call. Ask for Matty. He is the Parts Manager and they Send Parts all Over the World. Tell him Victoria with the XJ sent you his way. He can get them for Cheaper I am sure. He gets Everything for me on the Cheap. It can not Hurt Trying.

Xtreme Jeep Sales, Inc.

Phone: (813) 963-JEEP that's (813) 963-5337
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (813) 265-1315
Address 14228 N. Florida Ave.
Tampa, FL 33613

Dude, I second your :eek: and raise you an :eek:

After seeing (and fixing) all of Jes's issues with the Ox, I would think twice about installing one in my rig if I got it for free.

Especially in a Dana 30, where they tend to pull themselves apart.

After seeing (and fixing) all of Jes's issues with the Ox, I would think twice about installing one in my rig if I got it for free.

I have installed an OX in a Dana 30 and my impression was that it was the strongest design I have seen yet.

After seeing (and watching him fix them while I drank beer) all of Jes's issues with the Ox, I would think twice about installing one in my rig if I got it for free.

Fixed.

I've never seen an issue with a Dana30 unit but have had issues with my front Dana44 housing coming loose because of the bolts backing out.
Also, their new cables are complete garbage, they melt far too easily.

Fixed.

I've never seen an issue with a Dana30 unit but have had issues with my front Dana44 housing coming loose because of the bolts backing out.
Also, their new cables are complete garbage, they melt far too easily.

I wish I Remembered Where, however, I Read Somewhere Where a Jeeper Sleeved the Cable with Reinforced Nylon Tubing to protect it from Heat where Needed and Since then they had No more Issues with Cables.

I wish I Remembered Where, however, I Read Somewhere Where a Jeeper Sleeved the Cable with Reinforced Nylon Tubing to protect it from Heat where Needed and Since then they had No more Issues with Cables.

I've always sleeved mine with hose and now I even wrap them with heat sheilding, they still melt.
The new cables have this white plastic in them that melts easily. I even melted a rear cable near where it goes over the muffler. It really doesn't get that hot right there.
In comparison, my first OX locker was a Dana30 unit back in 2003(?) and the cable was litterally laying against the header for who knows how long. It still worked fine.

Back