• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ rear brakes

Dirk Pitt

Adam Dowling
I have a set of ZJ backing plates and calipers for sale. Rubber lines included.

Bolt these on your rear XJ axle to get rid of your drums for good. This also allows you to use the integrated parking brake. You will just have to adapt the XJ cable.

Compare to this http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=TF-DBK-J

I have this exact conversion on my XJ and can take pics if requested.

The pads and disks are not included to save shipping costs (I don't have them anyway and they are cheap at the parts store).

Price is $225 shipped. Half the cost of the Teraflex setup.

Search the forum here for install how-to's.

Are the calipers in good condition or do they need to be rebuilt? Do the backing plates have any damage and also does it include the 'haradware' for the parking brake? Thanks in advance.

StevieRT said:
Are the calipers in good condition or do they need to be rebuilt? Do the backing plates have any damage and also does it include the 'haradware' for the parking brake? Thanks in advance.

Backing plates are in great condition! One caliper appears to be nearly new and in great shape. The other one isn't as new, but also appears to be in good shape.

All the parking brake hardware is included except the cables. You will fit your existing cables to it.

I'll get pics up of this set and my installed set.

Dirk Pitt said:
I have a set of ZJ backing plates and calipers for sale. Rubber lines included.

Bolt these on your rear XJ axle to get rid of your drums for good. This also allows you to use the integrated parking brake. You will just have to adapt the XJ cable.

Compare to this http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=TF-DBK-J

I have this exact conversion on my XJ and can take pics if requested.

The pads and disks are not included to save shipping costs (I don't have them anyway and they are cheap at the parts store).

Price is $225 shipped. Half the cost of the Teraflex setup.

Search the forum here for install how-to's.
no wonder its half the price, its half the brake setup.

*xj-man* said:
no wonder its half the price, its half the brake setup.

I guess you don't have to buy it then, or comment.

Did you pull these from a yard? or are these off a newish ZJ that was in running condition?

If they were in good shape i would give you $150 for all that stuff, thats my offer

Sorry for the delay guys.

I'll try to post the pictures here today.

ZJ_Brakes_2.jpg

Back