• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj coils Q's

commando

NAXJA Forum User
I was at the junkyard looking at v8 grands for coils they had a couple, one had what appeared to be progressive rate the first three wraps were close together and the rest of the spring was normal spacing as far as i could tell there was no weight on the springs.The rest of the v8s had normal looking springs should I pick up these springs or just a regular springs Thanks

Pick up a set of each. :D Not sure what the difference is between them though.

get a tape measure, and compare what you learn from here:

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm

I picked up a set of zj v8 coils from a local bone yard, and damned if they weren't about 6" taller than my stockers! There were no wheels/tires on the donor, and I didn't spend much time looking at the rest of the suspension, but after the fact, I gotta wonder if the donor zj didn't have a radical lift on it, those springs were massive, use your tape measure, and your head and take your time

Silly me i bought a new pair for my 89XJ from the parts house for $72.00 93-98 ZJ 4wd V8 model just cause i wanted new ones( they actually list them as HD option springs when you look up springs for a cherokee), anyways mine came with the variable wrap/progressive wind stetup, they'll net you about 1 3/8 - 1 1/2 inch increase perfect with a set of short add a leafs in the back also new for $49.00. Good for 1 3/4 - 1 7/8 inch of lift. Ride is good also. Got rid of that stupid looking sagging problem they all have factory plus when you put a trailer on you dont even know its there.

Back