• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable track bar is too long?

kboyts

NAXJA Forum User
I Have 3" RC coils and just added a 2 inch poly spacer for a total of 5 inches of lift. So I purchased the rugged ridge adjuatable trackbar SHOWN HERE .

It says its good for 4-6 inches of lift.

But the problem is I have it adjusted as short as it will go, an my axle is pushed over an inch to the passenger side? It seems like it still needs to go shorter which doesnt make sense to me.

I figured with it rated for 4-6" of lift and me having 5" I should be somewhere around the middle of the adjustment range on the bar?

Well I just pulled it back apart and tried with both jamb nuts off. It looks like with both the nuts off if all of the threads would engage into the bar it might just fit. But they wont fully thread in. I dont know I think maybe the tube isnt tapped deep enough. Is it possible to just run a tap thru it deeper if I can find a suitable tap? Ive never worked with DOM before can I tap it with a hand tap?

This isnt making any sense as to why its so far off when My lift is right in the middle of the acceptable spec range for the track bar. I need to get this fixed and on the road pronto. :(

Edit: Now that I think about it I guess I could just cut 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch off of the threaded rod end. Then that should allow me to be able to thread it in all the way into the bar?

Last edited:
I'd call RR about it before you go cutting things. Maybe they sent you the wrong one? Otherwise, there's no reasone it shouldn't fit. Are you positive that you're at 5" of lift over factory specs and not 5" higher than you were with sagged springs? If your springs were sagged 1-2" and you're 5" higher than that, then you are only at 3-4" of actual lift. Just a thought.

I'd call RR about it before you go cutting things. Maybe they sent you the wrong one? Otherwise, there's no reasone it shouldn't fit. Are you positive that you're at 5" of lift over factory specs and not 5" higher than you were with sagged springs? If your springs were sagged 1-2" and you're 5" higher than that, then you are only at 3-4" of actual lift. Just a thought.

Rough country 3 inch coils (new last summer) and 2" spacers just installed this weekend so I should be at 5"

Im calling rugged ridge on monday hoping to get this straightned out as I already paid to take the jeep to the 4WD hardware show next saturday.

Back