• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ died on me

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Check that little metal piece on the rotor, dam thing fell off.

you freakin rock. How long did that take to find? I hate ignition issues, I usually give up a few minutes before I figure it out.

you freakin rock. How long did that take to find? I hate ignition issues, I usually give up a few minutes before I figure it out.

I've had them wear out, but never fall off before not to mention it was only two years old. Got towed, it died on an exit ramp and I was not about to troubleshoot with my ass being passed 2" away by exiting traffic off a 4 lane hiway around rush hour...
The part that ticked me off was I have all the parts here at the house, but it's been constant thunderstorms blowing thru for the past 2 months. It's been tough enough just getting the grass cut. At least the tow was covered by insurance.

I've had them wear out, but never fall off before not to mention it was only two years old. Got towed, it died on an exit ramp and I was not about to troubleshoot with my ass being passed 2" away by exiting traffic off a 4 lane hiway around rush hour...

Oh, A-freakin'-men. At least you managed to get off the lanes .

Any idea what brand that rotor was?

Oh, A-freakin'-men. At least you managed to get off the lanes .

Any idea what brand that rotor was?

I'm not sure, that was the rotor and cap that was on it when I got it back after getting the jasper engine put in. I want to say it was dealer/oem, it was blue but then so is the new set I got from the dealer/mopar. They all used to be black or gray. BUt the last 4 I bought for the 2 TJ's, XJ and ZJ were all blue.
That one could have come with the 'accessory' kit Jasper ships with their engines, I just can't remember.

Back