• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

compressor for ARBs?

mikeyl

NAXJA Forum User
looking for everyones 2 cents worth. i am installing ARBs front and rear (d30,d44). and i would also like to use the compressor for onbard air. i've been told the ARB compressor is good for running the lockers but not much for other duties. any opinions as to if the 'quick air' or the 'viair' is a better choice. also those who do use a non-arb compressor what do i need to make it work. i imagine i will at least need to make sure the system doesn't over pressure the lockers. if i was to use a tank with the set up how big would it need to be and is there someplace to mount it externaly?

You can pretty much run ANY compressor on the ARB's as long as you get the correct pressure switch.

as far as electric compressor are concerned,

I am running an Extreme Outback, Extremeair compressor, I used to have a quick air, but it was just too slow.

The extremeair puts out 4 cfm and has 100% duty cycle.. For a 12v compressor it ROCKS!, however electric compressor, cannot hold up to beld driven ones, (such as sandens and yorks)..

IT just depends on how much fabbing you want to do, I have a V8 in my ZJ and there wasnt much room, without moving stuff around, which I didnt want to do, I went to a different intake and put the extremeair where the air box used to be... works great, runs the arbs easy and will also fill my 35's pretty good, although take a bit..

:anon:

I run the ARB Compressor for my rear air locker. I also use it to fill tires with the tire fill kit. Is if fast, NO. Does it work, YES. I looked in the the Quick air kits, and Powertank. Both have ARB manifolds to hook up air lockers to there compressors. Try looking at the Power Tank site. Has everything your talking about, plus package deals.

http://www.powertank.com/start.htm
Also mounting ideas for the ARB compressor in mine:
picture.JPG

and jeepin.com. Jason mounted his under the rear seat
http://www.jeepin.com/miscweb_album/images/DSC01461.jpg
Sorry if the pics are huge. Juice
picture.JPG

Last edited:
I'm have the same dilema as I plan for my system which is still a few months away. Those are interesting mounting locations and brings me to these questions -

Are there any downsides to mounting them inside the jeep? Do they leak anything (oil?) Are they too loud? Do they need good ventilation?

Newbie questions I know... :)

Back