• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GF asked, when do you cut your losses? ...

bchulett

NAXJA Member #999
and I should have stopped right there and dumped her off at the bus stop... :mad:. I think she's pissed because I make her ride in my old XJ as opposed to my new 2009 Grand Cherokee SRT8 ...

Anyway....

My 1991 XJ has needed a few things lately, all this stuff adds up when you don't have the time to do it yourself...

She drove me over to the dealer to pick up my old reliable, the same rig she enjoyed those screaming orgasms in after crawling to the top of the hill...

so I pay the bill, she asked, how much?

I gladly say $860... ;). She looks at me.. :shocked: .. and said, wouldn't you rather spend that on the house?

Marriage will never work :D

Go ahead, spend it on the house, $4-5K for a man cave.... :D :D :D :D at least thats the way I read it, just don't question it any further....easier to ask for forgiveness than get permission :D :D :D :D :D

You have a Cherokee, you don't need a house, you can sleep in the back of your parts XJ!

Simple solution, just let her spend HER money on the House. Problem solved!

I think she ment to ask why would you buy a new grand when you could have a fleet of XJ's and still have some money left over to throw together a tar paper shack

Well if she asked me that I say "Do you want me to call you a taxi or do you need a ride to the bus station?"

I currently have 3 XJs and an MJ so I plan to Keep them all. I also have a Z71 and a Miata set up for autocross (Which the wife drives).

A XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

:roflmao::patriot:

Houston we have a new sig. That's awesome. I can't wait till my wife wakes up so I can tell her that.

Oh and post some pics.... of the SRT-8. That is my next jeep purchase (donar vehicles not included).

Parakeet

... :shhh: .... she doesn't know I go out late at night and "hook up" ...

3734624350_80b48908f6.jpg

More specs on the SRT and at 4.5 that can't be stock right. I thought they were running high 5's from the factory.

Parakeet

Bone stock. That run may have been 4.4 if a allowed it to bounce off the rev limiter... the motor only had 1100 miles... air temp was 49°. Earlier the same day, it ran 4.7 sec with air temp at 67°.

It has 2700 miles on it now and last night it ran 4.8 with air temp at 69°.

I have a few goodies that's going in soon, catch can to assure its not pulling any timing at high rpms and a Stage II Valve Body to reduce overlap and provide tight shifts... I'm keeping the motor stock due to emission standards.

This thing pulls out of the hole harder than most 1970 era muscle cars.. it will run low 13's off the showroom floor.

I may trade it for a 2010.. the last model year for the WK GCSRT8.

Bone stock. That run may have been 4.4 if a allowed it to bounce off the rev limiter... the motor only had 1100 miles... air temp was 49°. Earlier the same day, it ran 4.7 sec with air temp at 67°..

Pardon my ignorance but is break in a total thing of the past? :cheers:

My opinion is that break-in now isn't as critical as it was in the past. I used to be a porter for a stealership and I can say that unless you watch your car roll off the transport and then sit with it untill you pick it up it doesn't get a "proper" break-in. I know how the other guys drove the new cars with less than 30 miles on them and I never saw one back for engine issues. And I will say that any higher performance vehicle has been flogged like jesus before it leaves thier lot. I know I wasn't easy on any of the SRT line that I've driven.

Parakeet

does she spit or swallow and smile? and answers the back door once in while??? then she a keeper..or get bitch its MY MONEY AND WANT IT NOW... LOL

Back