• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will 96 seats fit in my 87 Laredo?

David Oates

NAXJA Forum User
I know seats have been discussed a lot, but I wasn't looking for this particular item in the past. I have a chance to purchase the front seats from a '96. Those in my '87 are bad -- head restraint broken etc. Will the '96 seats fit my '87?

The seat will fit but the mounting brackets will not fit. Your going to have to get the one from your 87, or fab up the one from the 96. But first check, because I have heard that 95' was the year that the seat brackets switch mounting locations. Juice

you should be able to unbolt the new brackets from the new seats and bolt your old ones right on.

the new seat brackets are extremely similar to MJ brackets, and I was able to do this swap

you end up unbolting the front of the seat bottom cushion and then you unbolt the back. that releases the whole seat frame from the bracket.

Back