• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homemade Quick Discos

Here is mine. You need two heim joints, some metal, and nuts and bolts....

Swaybar005.jpg

Swaybar006.jpg

Swaybar001.jpg

Good idea but I already extended mine and they are to long already can not add any more. I think I am going to try the wing nut on the top and pin on the bottom see how it works. Worst case i go buy a set of discos. Thanks for the help.

Made them today took about an hour to get it all together. cost about $14 for hardware and $10 for new upper bushings. Used the stock links and the wingnut top and 1/2in clevis pin on the bottom. seems to work good just have to take them apart and paint them in the morning.

And to all who say they drive on road with out the front sway bar you are f **in crazy drove about a 3 blocks with out and almost rolled on the first turn if you had to steer clear of something you would be screwed.:doh:

Last edited:
Take corners a little slower then. I live about 2 miles from the local OR park and I disconnect at my house and drive there.

Go to the Junkyard and look at Chevy 3/4 and 1 ton rear sway bar links as well as Ford F150/250 rear links. Either the Chevy or the Ford (I forget which) is EXACTLY the same offset as the XJ link, is 4 inches longer and is threaded on the top. Put hitch pins in the bottom and shock bushings with wing nuts on the top. There are a bunch of other candidate links out there for shorter and taller lifts too.

John

Back