• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New XJ, 1 really small problem.

Arkansas91XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I broke down and bought another XJ about a month ago, it's a 2001 4x4 AW4 with only 90k :clap:

Anyway, everything is excellent, just some minor blemishes on the body. It has one small thing that just catches my attention my whole way to work. The cruise light works only when it feels like it. The cruise itself works all the time. the only time the light comes on is, the best I can tell, when something changes in the electrical system.

One time it worked when I had the cruise set and my gas light came on. It worked for the rest of the night, even after I filled up. It worked another time when my gas need almost went to the gas light, but stopped working when the gas light came on. It worked once when I was cruising and it started raining, after I engaged the wipers and turned on the headlights...not sure which was the trigger...

It doesn't have any other problems with the cluster lights, everything else is working fine. I've searched and searched and the closest I found was the airbag light staying on stuff...

Pull the cluster, clean the contacts at the connector, reinstall and make sure to get the connector on there tight.

Back