• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E3 Diamond Fire Spark Plugs

use the basic champions or ngks, try doing a search on spark plugs, you get millions of hits. IMHO those are "gimmick" plugs and the I6 functions best with basic plugs. People state that the best plugs are the champion truck plugs, personally I use NGK as I have used the for a long time in cars and outboards with perfect performance.

I had them in my Jeep, the guy who traded it in, put them in and they ahd baout 20k miles in my best guesstimate. the number 4 burned the elctrodes down to nothing, had on hell of a misfire, back to the old 2 dollar champions..

The 4.0L is a good old american built motor (if it was built in america) but will not benefit from fancy spark plugs. If you get into FI or a stroker you may see a little better performance with a different plug but stick with the basic ones.

use the basic champions or ngks, try doing a search on spark plugs, you get millions of hits. IMHO those are "gimmick" plugs and the I6 functions best with basic plugs. People state that the best plugs are the champion truck plugs, personally I use NGK as I have used the for a long time in cars and outboards with perfect performance.

X2 exactly. It only takes on spark to fire off the air / fuel mixture. As long as they are hot enough to not foul out. In the 2 strokes I've had NGK's last a lot longer than Champions. But obviously, the proper Champions work great in our low stress application too.

The way the E3 plug is advertised to work is that they are supposed to last as long as a platinum plug, but using less platinum due to the spread out top. they aren't really supposed to give a power boost. And I really don't see how they are to last that long anyway, they look and feel all flimsy...

i already installed them but wanted to see how others who actually tried them felt about them. my jeep now has a nice smooth idle and quicker throttle response. they have been on my jeep for about 700 miles now and i love them.

I run one in my Craftsman lawn mower, seems pretty good so far.

I put em in my jeep and noticed a change.... Except i did pretty much the entire ignition system all at once so who knows if it's the plugs or not.

diamond spark plugs are like the gold plated razor blades... WAAAY OFF...
the people marketing them think you are that retarded.

how about going farther then the low mower isle at home depot for engine tuning advice?

tell you what ill put the ngk's back in my jeep and you can drive it. then ill put the e3s in and you can see how much better that feels. its a world of a difference

closed minded xcm, I had bosch platinums and went to champion truck plugs because everyone on here does. Crappy idle crappy response, switched back, runs fine. Dont follow what you read, and take it for truth, try it yourself and judge for yourself. The only way to go.

properly gap a regular spark plug. That's what the 4.0L wants.

Platinum fancy plugs are like running 93 in the 4.0L...not what it was designed for...

Fancy plugs and high octane fuel may help other types of motors, but the 4.0L is not one of them.

Change the oil, and keep the temps in check, and the 4.0L will last forever.

i know how my jeep runs with them so thats good enough for me. maybe it feels different becasue im not running a total stock motor

New stock plugs vs new E3. Blind taste test. One guy changes them out, the other drives it and votes. No way in hell could anyone tell the difference. Of course the guy with the stock plugs would be sitting on a taller wallet. :roflmao:

Well the disign will also overload your ignition coil by have to overcome a bigger gap and also an engine that fires on the exhast stroke-waste spark-will have an unstable idle because it is "huntting" for a return ground path..........just my $.02.:twak:
Meaning the coil will fail.

Well the disign will also overload your ignition coil by have to overcome a bigger gap and also an engine that fires on the exhast stroke-waste spark-will have an unstable idle because it is "huntting" for a return ground path..........just my $.02.:twak:
Meaning the coil will fail.

thats what msd coils are for.

like i said i know how my jeep drives. no placebo effect.

Back