• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar

heyhar

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a favorite brand or model of track bar that they like or have had good luck with? I'm about to do some maintenance on my '96- all stock- and might as well do the track bar as well. I've been through a few on my '92, usually what Advance has-MOOG? I've been down the urethane bushing road, and I don't like the results, so I'd prefer an OEM type. Whose did they use at the factory? Those seemed to last the longest...Thanks.

I literally just got done with my track bar. i got mine from napa and i couldnt be happier with it. I paid like $65, but make sure you spray the axle mounted end nut and bolt with some goo penetrating oil. i snapped mine clear off, so beware. good luck

Does anyone have a favorite brand or model of track bar that they like or have had good luck with? I'm about to do some maintenance on my '96- all stock- and might as well do the track bar as well. I've been through a few on my '92, usually what Advance has-MOOG? I've been down the urethane bushing road, and I don't like the results, so I'd prefer an OEM type. Whose did they use at the factory? Those seemed to last the longest...Thanks.

For OE replacement MOOG all the way!

I have a Kevinsoffroad trackbar which was on this car a few years ago, but I ultimately removed because of the urethane bushings. I also had urethane bushed control arms, and they've been replaced, first by RE arms (the ones with the swivel bushing) and now back to stockers. The harder bushings give great handling, but hit a bump, and the energy is not dissipated, but ultimately ends up causing axle hop. The OEM type control arms control this much better, but you lose the steering sharpness. I'm going to try stock axle-end bushings in the Kevin's bar, to more closely duplicate the WJ type of setup. If this doesn't do the trick, thanks for the heads-up on MOOG, as I looked at the boxes I had from the bars from Advance, and they are TRW, which seems to loosen up at the ball joint end much too quickly. Thanks for the replies.

Back