• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK Fenders on an XJ

JK flares on an XJ? I don't think they'd look right!

The nose narrows down so the front fender flares are wider at the front than they are at the rear in order to maintain even coverage

0501_09z+Jeep_Unlimited+Installing_Front_Tube_Fender.jpg

You would have to stick with the rear flares everywhere. People did that with TJ flares before so nothing new there

Maybe he means TJ, since the T and J are right next to the Y and K on the keyboard.

Thanks bro, yes it was just a typo sorry.

ehall, the JK nose seams a bit wider than the TJ, but great point. It would probably still angle out a bit...

I need wider flares and want to avoid bushwackers... Here in CA I am illegal as my tires are wider than my flares and the town I live in, Costa Mesa, the police are really strict so I want to just be in compliance...

Thanks again for the input fellas.

Last edited:
I've seen it, I'm trying to hunt down the pic, but it looks HORRIBLE. Maybe it'd go well with a Silverado front bumper and brush guard, but then you'd need 33x15.5 tires and 3" back spacing........ on full widths.

That pic looks ugly as sin IMHO

Ive thought about welding flares up, it could be interesting... a little stiff tho lol

Doesn't matter how stiff they are IMO, if you put in some weak hardware to mount them up they'll shear off before really damaging the fender, hypothetically. The hardware I used to mount up my stock flares is real weak, I sheared a couple bolts simply by tightening them down too much with a 1/4" ratchet.

Back