• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ basterd leafs spring packs?

bigbadxj

NAXJA Forum User
Here is a question to all who have done a mix-n-match leaf spring. What did you use to drill out the holes in the XJ main leaf. I need to drill out a couple of the old leafs from 5/16" to 3/8" and I have used steel, titanium nitrate coated, and cobalt bits and they are kicking my ass?:bawl: What am I doing wrong I'm using a very strong 1/2" drill with cutting oil and I have also tried a drill press with cutting oil and I have gotten very little progress and a lot of dulled bits.:anon: Any help will be appreciated.

x2 on slow. i drilled 1/2 way through and them flipped and drilled the other half with no probs, have always done it this way with no probs, dont let the bit free spin if that makes sense

Thanks That is what I need to hear I had been using the steel setting on the drill press and the cutting oil I just need the right bit.

Back