• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifted hood questions

Cowboydoc

NAXJA Forum User
I know I saw the thread on here a while back, just wondering if anyone else knew the right size square tubing to use to lift the rear of the hood up a bit for cooling? I am back from Iraq for 2 weeks and want to do something to my Eep. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Don't be suprised though if it runs a bit hotter on the hiway, the area by the windshield is a high pressure area, I just happend to notice it when I did mine this past summer, upped my 75mph + speed on the pa turnpike about 10deg or so, cooler at slow speeds though... I just used some washers and removed that rubber sealing thing that goes across the firewall.
I'm going to pick up a set of the fender vents off the new buick lucerne once some checks start clearing..measurements look good, took them off a lucerne replacement fender at one of my customers body shops and made a template from cardboard..

Back