• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dog Crate/Carrier?

ert01

NAXJA Forum User
My wife and I are going to be adopting my uncles police dog when he retires in a couple weeks... I was checking out my uncles setup in his Suburban for the dog and it looked pretty hardcore and it got me to thinking if anyone here has built a custom crate for their dog in their XJ. I know it's just easiest to fold down the seat and let him hang out in the back, but he's pretty used to living in a crate/cage since he's been doing it everyday for his whole life and I want him to be comfortable in his retirement so I'd like to try to keep things similar for him now that he's off-duty.

Any ideas?

Here's a quick pic of what his setup is kinda like right now:
tahoe1.jpg

It's pretty "chew proof" and easy to cleanup and he loves it as it is...

I built a kennel set-up for my german shepard/black lab when they were still pups, I ended up ripping it back out once they got a little bit older,now I just fold down the back seat for them,they love it. I went to pet-smart and got a couple of those metal screen door blocks,cut and welded them to block off the rear of the jeep from the front and just slid it in there.

Yeah I could do something like that... I will be building an elevated platform in the back to hide my amps/tools/fire extinguisher under so that they aren't loose in the back with him and I will build some sort of divider for him. It would be really nice to make a 60/40 split rear seat like the ZJ's have and them I could fold down half for him and still be able to carry another passenger... If I get around to making something that looks half decent I'll post it up here.

Back