• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough country 4.5'' lift help.. please!!

killswitch

NAXJA Forum User
I am having some serious trouble installing my lift, first the studs for the t-case would not come out, so i got one out and couldnt get the other, so i only have 3 in i have to get like firestone to get it out, second my front axle wont dip far enough to get the coils out, and especially not enough to fit the new ones in. please help guys, asap... thanks :(

go to autozone and rent a stud puller for free, mine came out super easy.

To get your coils out take your stock bottle jack and put it between the lower control arm and frame rail. Disconnect your shocks. Just jack the axle down until you get the coil out. Watch your brakeline to make sure you don't overextend it. Should only take you 15 min. per side to put in the new coils doing that.

Good luck!

ok, ha hopefully that will work. we had it all flexed out, like completelty as much as the axle would let it go.. and nothing, i even put some weight on the wheel mount and no budge..

oh and we used a stud remover, 45 bucks for nothin it just destroyed the stud

the transfer case doesnt have studs. it hase threads, so you cant pull them out. you will have to drill it out and maybe retap the hole.

he's talking about the transfercase crossmember. It does have 2 studs. I would heat the studs up a lot, spray some pb blaster in them, heat them up again and try using the stud puller again.

yeah i meant the cross member. it does have studs they go through the frame, i got one out by a reverse bit, worked great, the other one part of the drill bit broke in it, so thats going to be chalange.

all im worried about it the front shocks, i dont want to have to use a shock compresor

I had the same problem, I just made a jam nut out of 2 nuts then heated the top of the stud up by the frame and turned the stud out using a wrench on the jam nut.
Also, you are going to need a spring compressor to get the new coils in. My axle dropped enough to get the old ones out by hand, and i still needed to compress the new ones to get them in.

you can always take of your lower control arm. It made it a lot easier for us when i put a lift on my buddys xj. We ran into the same problem, axle not going down far enough. The lower control arm was hitting next to the shock mount on the axle. We disconnected the lower control arm on the axle, not the jeep, and then it drooped far enough for us

Back