• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much Uptravel do you guys have?

live24wheel

NAXJA Forum User
Im running Fox 12" remote resis on the front. I lowered my front shock mounts down to the LCA mounts much like Crazy Jim did. Im wondering how much up travel you guys have. I am still tobothered that I may have gotten shocks that were to long, and cant do anything about it now but sell them and buy another new set. I am currently waiting on quotes for 2.0, 2.5" travel airbumps to put in the front as well. I am probabaly being a bit paranoid, pretty good at that. Basically my front end set up is 6.5" RK springs, 3 link RK LA, going to add the second upper soon. I added the JKS 2" raised Sway Bar mounts and went from the original 10" long Discos to a 7" inner section. The shocks bottom out at the same time as the sway bar on the inner fender... That leads me to my next question, as my sway bar and shocks are acting as my bumps right now.

What the heck are you guys doing to line up your bump stops with the pads. The heim is bottomed out into the TB and at full bump I cannot get my bump stops to line up at all with the pad and 4 pucks. I dont know how much, if any adjustments I will be able to make when I add the T&J Air bump kit.

Any input/comments on my long BS'ing would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

How much uptravel do you have?

actually I just found this, makes me feel alot better about my uptravel,

"Don't worry so much about the up travel vs. down travel thing...Our jeepspeed car is almost sitting on the hydro 4" bumps all the way around, and we can hang with the fastest of the jeepspeeders. Having less up travel in the front will set the front end higher through the woops. Instead of having the suspension absorb that first hit and make your nose low into the next one, you want the nose high and skip the tops of woops.

-Dan"

I will measure mine tonight but I doubt I have much more the 4.5". I know our race truck sits about 2" off the bumps in the rear and its pretty butter so as long as you have hydros I think your cool. Lots of downtravel is a good way to have traction in many situations.

Sweet thanks for the advice. I ordered the T&J/Barnett Front Air Bump mounts today and 1 Fox Bump, need to wait for a bit more cash to get the second bump. lol

Tom

Nice, I am getting such a headache right now trying to figure out what travel shocks I need :banghead:

the bilsteins 7100 12" shocks come in a short body that are 16 1/4" collapsed so figure your eye to eye and youve got ur bump travel at ride height your fox's are probly like 20" collapsed

With my current setup of FOA 2.5x10" shocks I have about 5.5" uptravel. I set it up so I could get the most uptravel possible because I don't have hydro bumps. When I eventually do bump cans I want to make a stronger shock mount like the T and J so I can move my shock down just a little bit.

I looked at mine and have around 6.5" of shaft showing at ride hight. I run a 11inch shaft in a 10.0 long body with the 1inch internal spacer removed.

my head is spinning haha, trying to figure out how it will bump after I put my new lower mounts on. I figure its about 2 inches lower than the stock location on the lower control arm. The thing that worries me the most is the up travel, I can always limit strap the down. Does anyone know how long the Fox 2.0 shock body length is?

check the web site
This is all it gives. :dunno:

MODEL SPECIFICATIONS
Shaft: 5/8" or 7/8"

MOUNTING DIMENSIONS
- 1/2" bolt diameter x 1 1/4" wide- Optional spacer 1/2" bolt diameter
x 1 1/2" wide

HOSES
- 5/8" shaft: -5 x 12"- 7/8" shaft: -8 x 14"

TRAVEL
5, 6.5, 8.5, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16

There should be a compressed and extended,or min. and max.,shock lengths, which would be measured eye center to eye center.For the specific length of the tube you probably have to call Fox.

Yea, I found a deal on some 12" Fox some guy is selling... Might be pulling the trigger on those this coming week..

Back