• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bumper/Steering Box Question

16guns

NAXJA Forum User
I have a JCR offroad Stage 3 front bumper. The previous owner installed it without the uniframe/steering box reinforcements. I know Crok makes a steering reinforcement kit. JCR offroad has uniframe kit but they must be ordered with the bumper so the attchment points are widened to allow them to be positioned between the bumper attachments and uniframe. So here is my question... do I order a completely new bumper? Would the Crok 's work ? And what happens if I get yanked out without the uniframe supports? Will it tear my uniframe? Crok is not familiar with JCR offroad and is unable to help. JCR offroad says....buy a new bumper! Then I am stuck with two front bumpers!

Best bet would be to Install these XJ Front Unibody Stiffeners. They will be better than Extended Bumper Mounting Plates and will Strengthen your Front End considerably.

NAXJA have several Jeepers who offer Front Unibody Stiffeners.

Here's one: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=244428168

FrontStiffeners.jpg

My JCR front bumper arrived witrh the incorrect spacing for mounting with or without the reinforcements. By the way, it was ordered with the frame extensions. I thought about the options; complain and send it back or cut off mounts and reweld in correct location. Having a professional welder living across the street made my choice easy. Took 30 minutes and cost me a twelve pack of beer.

I have a JCR offroad Stage 3 front bumper. The previous owner installed it without the uniframe/steering box reinforcements. I know Crok makes a steering reinforcement kit. JCR offroad has uniframe kit but they must be ordered with the bumper so the attchment points are widened to allow them to be positioned between the bumper attachments and uniframe. So here is my question... do I order a completely new bumper? Would the Crok 's work ? And what happens if I get yanked out without the uniframe supports? Will it tear my uniframe? Crok is not familiar with JCR offroad and is unable to help. JCR offroad says....buy a new bumper! Then I am stuck with two front bumpers!

Now that I won these.....I will get them installed!

Back