• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doors off no Radio. :(

Shred Bro Gnar Rad

NAXJA Forum User
Soo my welds broke on My door hinge (previous owner was a big fat dude that i guess used the door as a way to thrust his ogre like self into the vehicle..)

Anyways, i took off both doors and now my Radio wont work. wtf?!

its a 1990 Jeep cherokee Laredo.

any suggestions?

thats your problem, best solution is put the fuse in and take the bulb out of the dome light. the map lights still work, so theres your over head lights.

-Ian

Did you happen to ark any wiring at all when disconnecting them? Pull the head unit out and look at the fuse in the back of it. Also get a test light and see if there is a constant power with the ignition off and then see if there is another one that gets power when the ignition is on.

check the fuse in the fuse box under the hood. i think the fuse is labeled IOD ignition off draw. or something like that. mine blew a couple times and the radio wouldn't work.

nah the radio doesnt turn on.. i also have speakers in the rear..
my friends got a 91' XJ wijth no doors and his radio works..

swap radios with your friend and see if yours works in his or his in yours that will at least tell you if your radio is fried

Back