• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

head liner?

poomero

NAXJA Forum User
I dont know if this should go in here but here it is. I need a new head liner and i found a good one but its on a 4 door and i have a 2 door. My question is will it fit still. I have a 90 xj. thanks for the help.

Well, I think the OEM material just comes in a roll, and there isn't any difference in the roof of a 2/4 door, so I would say yes.

Some on here have used indoor/outdoor carpeting.

I have found one that is still intact on a jeep at the wrecking yard. i want to get it but i need to make sure it will fit cuz i cant return it. Thanks for the help.

Yes it will fit. As stated above there is no difference in the roof between a 2 door and a 4 door.

take down all the upper plastic (break it out if you need to) take the dome lights out, and soundbar( if applicable), and all the oh S***t handles. it really helps to have an extra set of hands.

BTW re - lining the board isnt that hard. Dont buy the headliner material at pep boys though. There is a picture of a cherokee on the package, but its too short :( also its about half the price at the fabric store. When i went to Jo-Anns, the lady even tried to give me a job there.

I just took mine out last weekend because it was all saggy. I left it out while I drove around for a day, and decided to just leave it that way. So rather than go to the trouble and expense of re-covering it, I'm just going to leave it headliner-less.

I just took mine out last weekend because it was all saggy. I left it out while I drove around for a day, and decided to just leave it that way. So rather than go to the trouble and expense of re-covering it, I'm just going to leave it headliner-less.

Mine was missing the headliner when I bought it. I got tired of the condensation dripping on my head on those really cold mornings.

Mine was getting mouldy from a windshield leak so it's going to get bed liner eventually.

Right now it looks like crap since you can see the hail damage from a previous owner. Shop did a great job with the bondo I guess, roof looks mint. lol

Back