• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cargo Divider

dagr8tim

NAXJA Forum User
I don't know how to describe this, but I'd love to know if anyone else has addressed the situation I have. I'm looking for something to divide the cargo area into 2 sections. I'm not looking for a police divider that separates the back seat from the cargo area.

When I travel with my dogs, I attach them in the rear. But the usually end up in the back seat, or get luggage falling on them. What I typically do is take 2 bungie cords and go from the rear cargo tie down's to the rear shoulder belt assembly (near the top where the hanger comes down from the ceiling) on the opposite side. This forms an "X" that I clip their leashes too.

What I'd love to find would be a cargo net I could modify to go from the rear cargo tie down's to the seat belt mounts for the back seat. Has anyone ever seen anything that looks like it would fit? I've seen nets that go between the rear bars roll bars on a TJ/YJ. I just don't know where to start in respect to size needed.

I hope somebody understands what I'm trying to do and has found a similar solution already.

I'm not looking for a police divider that separates the back seat from the cargo area.

um probleby not.
you will have to make something. ive never seen what your talking about, but i could be wrong
mike

This is exactly what I use in our Cherokee. It is a net, very easy to put up or take down. It attached to the pivot for the rear seat back and the upper rear seat belt mounts. Can be used with the back seat up or down. For our use, we actually put the seat back down and let our dog ride in that area and keep the back space for gear.

You can kind of see it here,

PICT3119.jpg

This is exactly what I use in our Cherokee. It is a net, very easy to put up or take down. It attached to the pivot for the rear seat back and the upper rear seat belt mounts. Can be used with the back seat up or down. For our use, we actually put the seat back down and let our dog ride in that area and keep the back space for gear.

You can kind of see it here,

PICT3119.jpg
Holy crap!! Your dog looks just like mine! I found her as a stray. Do you know what breed or mix of breeds you dog is? Does yours have white paws as well?

Holy crap!! Your dog looks just like mine! I found her as a stray. Do you know what breed or mix of breeds you dog is? Does yours have white paws as well?

From what I have been able to research, she would be mainly a tri-color, smooth coat, Border Collie. She has some other mix in her but that would be the primary breed. She acts and behaves like a Border Collie, liking to herd, the Collie stare and such. They are also known as one of the smartest dogs out there, which also means if they get bored, they will find something to do and it's not always what the owner had in mind. Ours managed to pull back and break off two fence boards to get out. Luckily our neighbor heard her and got her to come to her. Damn smart dog.

Here's a better pic,
PICT3008.jpg

As for the picture request on the mounting, let me see what I can get this weekend.

From what I have been able to research, she would be mainly a tri-color, smooth coat, Border Collie. She has some other mix in her but that would be the primary breed. She acts and behaves like a Border Collie, liking to herd, the Collie stare and such. They are also known as one of the smartest dogs out there, which also means if they get bored, they will find something to do and it's not always what the owner had in mind. Ours managed to pull back and break off two fence boards to get out. Luckily our neighbor heard her and got her to come to her. Damn smart dog.
Thank you very much Mike! From the new picture, I see my dog is not exactly alike. Mine has less white patches, like none on the back of the neck or tail and has a slightly more defined muscular build, resembling a doberman, but very, very close. That face is spot on. Thanks for the info, we've made a lot of guesses as to breeds, but Border Collie was not one of them.

Wow your dog is beautiful, and I think she is mixed with lab, she has the same side profile of my lab at home, and I had a border collie before, they tend to have longer hair, but yours looks like the lab hair.. just a thought, and LOL mix those 2 breeds and you will have a super intellegent dog...

The normal Border Collie is what would be known as a rough coat, i.e. more fluffy and longer hair. Smooth coat Collies have the flat type hair like she has. Most of it is 3-4" long. It doesn't look like it until you pull it away from her.

Thanks for the comments on her looks. We seem to get that everywhere we go. We have only had her 4 months and she is just over 2 years old.

Back