• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 Jeep Cherokee Wiring Diagram

92Jeepman

NAXJA Forum User
Any help out there looking for a wiring diagram? Specifically computer engine control diagram. I am having a problem. When I turn the key on the alternator light is out. If I leave the key on the auto shutdown relay will slowly start thumping and after a minute half the fuel pump will run and then alternator light will come on and then it will run and start fine. Thanks

Last edited:
On it's way. Hope it helps.

-Chris

Hallo. Maybe there are problems with your ignition switch?
When it is an electric problem, the best is to clean all connectors and switch relays.

'92 XJ:kissyou:

Hey Wim, how was the wheeling trip in France? Got pictures?

Reading your original post, it seems like the ASD relay may be having problems. Did you try testing it with it removed? Set up your ohmeter on the switched side and make and break current on the control side. See if it always works.

Doesn't seem to be an ignition problem and have cleaned all the connectors and switched relays. Any other ideas?

Hallo. The reason, I mentioned the Ignition switch, it is because ,this switch is activating the ASD. So if there is a bad or dirty contact, the ASD can fail like Winterbeater is tellig.:looney:

'92 XJ:smootch:

Last edited:
Back