• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 to 00 engine swap?

XBoBJ

NAXJA Forum User
i got a good running 1999 xj 5spd. i just picked up a 2000 xj auto with a blown 4.0 rod through the block.

Is it pretty much a direct swap for everything, im planning on swapping the enigine trans transfer case axles. because the 2000 is stock, and my jeep axles are locked and geared. anyone know whaty i will need to swap over, sensor wise. i know i need to swap ecms, anything else? and i best off carrying everything over to the 2000, all the emission controls, vaccume line etc...?

thanks in advance

The simplest and easiest swap would be to install all the 2000 sensors and ignition onto the the 99 block and 99 head.

The simplest and easiest swap would be to install all the 2000 sensors and ignition onto the the 99 block and 99 head.

will my 99 motor be effeicent enough for the 00 emissions, is that why the 00 blocks crack because they tried to make them more emissions friendly?

will my 99 motor be effeicent enough for the 00 emissions, is that why the 00 blocks crack because they tried to make them more emissions friendly?

The engine block is just a block of iron, the emissions system can't tell what year the block was made.

The 2000 and 2001 have issues with the head cracking. Search 0331 head for more info on cracking and about swapping older engines into a 2000.

Back