• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starts, then Auto shut down.

tjs88xj

NAXJA Forum User
99XJ Auto. I had my alternator rebuilt, and then I re installed it. Was still slightly fluctuating, so I checked all fuses. All under the dash checked out. Moved on to the power distribution box, without disconnecting the battery. Disconnected one of the small fuses, and the fan started going, and beeper inside was going off. I put it back in, and it stopped. Kept looking at fuses, everything was fine. I go to start the Jeep, and my Airbag light is on constantly, and the orange key light was/is flashing, with no key in the ignition. The odometer is also lit up. It will start, but dies after a few seconds. I pulled out the ASD relay with and without the battery connected, and swapped it out, and removed all the relays, and the lights in the dash wont go off,nor will it keep running. This is my daily driver, and I need it!!

Last edited:
Well, after another hour and a half of troubleshooting, I figured it out. I have a remote start on the Jeep. Somewhere the wiring is a bit screwey right now. Not sure what the exact problem is. Pulled out a fuse, now it works.Time to go to the install shop tomorrow and have them fix it.

Back