• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this a bad idea? (Bastard pack question)

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
I have an RE 3.5 leaf pack that I swapped in to replace my RC stuff a few months ago, and since I had my tire off to fold my quarter panels I figured I'd try and make a bastard pack of a leaf off my RC 3" lift kit to my RE kit. Well, after less then a years use my RC kit flattened out pretty well. But anyhow I'll let my pictures speak...

18993140.jpg

The flat one in the middle is the bottom of my RC 3" leaf pack and I figured I'd add that to my RE leaf pack, but as you can see the RE pack has a lot more arch to it. Would it be bad to throw this flat one that's "supposed" to have arch in there? It seems like it might casue premature wear...but you tell me...

~Scott

I tried adding a RE 3.5" add-a-leaf to a RC 4.5" leaf pack and it ended up reducing the arch of the entire pack, so I took it out.

If you have the time, though, give it a try and see how it works out.

I tried adding a RE 3.5" add-a-leaf to a RC 4.5" leaf pack and it ended up reducing the arch of the entire pack, so I took it out.

If you have the time, though, give it a try and see how it works out.

That's what I was concerned about, it looks like it will take the whole pack out with it. There's nothing wrong with my current pack I just figured if possible it would be nice to stiffen up the pack a bit...but now it looks like it will just kill it.

If I had the time to throw it together and take it back out I would...but looks like I might have to hold off... :doh:

~Scott

If your just looking to stiffen the pack up and not lose flex, use the longest leaf from the old RC pack.using that leaf you have in the picture will stiffen it up a lot simce it was the RC overload and will limit your flex.

Back