• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I decided to waste some DOM yesterday...

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
:yelclap: So I got home last night and I could'nt sleep, so I built a bumper.:yelclap:

1.75x.120 wall DOM
DSCF0458.jpg

Don't mind my not straight header pannel.
DSCF0459.jpg

Captured tube on the mountng plates. I call them "speed holes".
DSCF0460.jpg

Still need to do a skid plate and a little cleaning, but it will come around.

X2 , good job,wanna make another? :)

Planning on making a couple...

I made this one to fit the front of a stock jeep(with or without glass) and it will fit two hella 6" lights or the checker 4" hid. I am not sure if Im going to make a more extreme version and use the 7" checker lights but it is an idea.

My skid plate should be cut tomorrow, and maybe I will throw some dimple die hols in it. I just need to order some trick tabs for the lights, and maybe buy some checker 4" hid's ;)

Made another one that has a larger light bar on it.
I made it to fit two larger lights or three smaller ones.
xjprerun23.jpg

xjpreun21.jpg

I also had a skidplate cut out for it too.
xjprerun24.jpg

Your bumper looks really good, but it looks like the skid plate needs support tubes running under them from the main tube to the lower tube. Otherwise the skid plate will dent pretty easily I would imagine.

Your bumper looks really good, but it looks like the skid plate needs support tubes running under them from the main tube to the lower tube. Otherwise the skid plate will dent pretty easily I would imagine.

The skid is about 7" tall and I do understand it could use support in an extreme condition but the chances of hitting something in the middle hard enough are not good enough for me to waste the tube. I totally understand your point and I have thought about it but right now I think its just a little overkill. Plus that thing is really light and I like the idea of lighter=faster.

I must not be able to read...does the topic not say "I decided to waste some DOM yesterday..."? Man that is definatly not a waste of any DOM, its putting it to good use!

I must not be able to read...does the topic not say "I decided to waste some DOM yesterday..."? Man that is definatly not a waste of any DOM, its putting it to good use!

Its more of a joke really. I just wanted to make it out of hrew but my dad ordered me DOM. For my use it is a little bit of a waste but I guess I can name drop the DOM now.:clap:

Back