• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MORE Jeepspeed race July 18th who's going

BajaCurt

NAXJA Forum User
The MORE Freedom 250 is July 18th and it's a jeepspeed race too.
http://www.moreracing.net/
Taking place in Barstow.
Here is the course map
http://moreracing.net/09/maps/09f250.pdf
Race starts at 6 pm.
I'll be out there with Tony (tcm glx) chasing for a 9 car.
Not sure if CrazyJim will have the XJ running yet.
I know the guys from T&J will be racing.
Who from naxja is racing or gonna be there?
Tim (tbburg) are you and Derrick (zoomy97acr) gonna be racing the MJ?
Loose Nuts Dan are the Dust Junkies gonna make it?
How about the NRT family?
Hope to see alot of you out there!

I wish, I want to see some pics from this!

I think I am going to go to check it out. It will be the 1st time watching a race since breaking my XJ cherry. I'm sure it will motivate me to drop some $$ on my project.

...,Tim (tbburg) are you and Derrick (zoomy97acr) gonna be racing the MJ?,...
We're not racing, but I might come out to watch. Unfortunately, the 7118 truck probably won't see any more action this year. It's a time constraints thing. Something to do with Derrick having to haul the thing out from LA. He went full time National Guard and it's kind of messed with his schedule for the rest of the year.

I think I am going to go to check it out. It will be the 1st time watching a race since breaking my XJ cherry. I'm sure it will motivate me to drop some $$ on my project.
Don't do it! Don't! Really! I would suggest heroin, or meth. Either one would end up costing less and messing up your regular life less then desert racing :D

welcome to the club!

Just tried to clear the date withe the "social coordinator" and was informed we have to attend a funeral.

The nerve of people planning stuff on a race day. I guess I will have to roll out next time.

I think I will buy the XJ some stuff anyways...

we should all meet up somewhere, when you guys planning on heading out? I think im going out saturday spend the night and come home sunday

they keep dead peeps on ice for 12+ days?

I thought that was somehwat odd too... a clever ploy to prevent me from going to the night race.

Then I found out he was cremated. Damn. I know, I sound like a dick and i'm probably going to hell. I really wanted to go to the race though.

I thought that was somehwat odd too... a clever ploy to prevent me from going to the night race.

Then I found out he was cremated. Damn. I know, I sound like a dick and i'm probably going to hell. I really wanted to go to the race though.

Mr Money I like your commitment to racing.
When I go I am requesting my ashes be put in an urn.
Then just sit the urn on the Regulators Racing class 8 at the next Baja 1000 and where the urn dumps over I will forever be happy :D

We're not racing, but I might come out to watch. Unfortunately, the 7118 truck probably won't see any more action this year. It's a time constraints thing. Something to do with Derrick having to haul the thing out from LA. He went full time National Guard and it's kind of messed with his schedule for the rest of the year.

Come on ... LA to Barstow is about an hour drive.
Oh that's right when you say haul it out from LA you mean the state of Louisiana :D

I salute Derrick for helping to defend our country!!! :patriot:

As far as when I will be there....I'm thinking of going up Friday so I can be there for contingency/tech and just stay in a hotel in Barstow.
Maybe find a hotel next to a truck stop so I can really have some fun Fri night :D

Come on ... LA to Barstow is about an hour drive,...
You know,...
I read over my post after submitting it, and just KNEW some California-hippie-dirt-ball was going to jump on about how close "LA" is to Barstow. HA, HA,...

ha,... :twak:

Tell ya what,.. I'll convince Derrick to work his a** off and get the truck ready if you're willing to transport it to the track(you pay for the gas, and we'll buy you lunch!:D)
Oh that's right when you say haul it out from LA you mean the state of Louisiana :D,...
Ok, at least you know there's a place besides the city of angels that has the initials LA

In all seriousness, his truck is preped for BITD 7100. There's no real cross over into MORE. He'd have to either cut a lot of the mods off it to run 7s, or upgrade the crap out of it to run 7open and be competitive.

(and again, in all seriousness, I don't think you're a hippie dirt ball just because you're in california :spin1:)

Anyway, I'll have to check on-call schedules, then decide if I'm up for the drive. should be a blast any way around,..
to those who make it, hope to see you :cheers:

You know,...
I read over my post after submitting it, and just KNEW some California-hippie-dirt-ball was going to jump on about how close "LA" is to Barstow. HA, HA,...

ha,... :twak:

Boy you know me pretty well and we haven't even officially met :D
(although we did stand about 5 feet from each other at the Parker 425)

But I would describe myself more as a California-hippie-DUST-ball type

I'll be out Saturday about noon thru the race then out.
Have not talked to Mike yet so I have no idea if we (3701,1701) are racing but will be there for the rest of the team (1714,1717,1708) and others.

Counting the days down...... So Jim, whats the word, will your cage be done or not?

Back