• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hack and tap problem? I've serched

s7tech

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I really have searched. My problem is on my hack and tap on my 231 the 4 bolt flange that the driveshaft bolts to is loose and I believe it is causing me to have so DL vibs. I pulled the driveshaft and the bolt is very tight, I could not tighten or loosen it. It probably has .090 or an 1/8 of an inch play. Is it normal to have this much play with a hack and tap or is something wrong. Thanks

i dont mean the bolt but the part of the flange that slides over the splines. it has up and down play on the shaft, not in and out.

I tack welded mine in place in a couple spots. It would stay tight for a while and slowly loosen itself and cause vibes so I tightened it up good once, then tacked it and it's been good ever since.

Sorry. Not in and out, but it wiggles when I push up on the driveshaft. I noticed it when I was checking my u joints for play.

Back