• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dunno ??

jasonsxj

NAXJA Forum User
is a 8.25 swap with 27 spline l.s.d compared to a 35 lsd worth the time to swap ?? and can you tell with the axle #'s if it is a 27 or 29 spline axle ?? the axle i want to swap is out of a 95 sport !! thanks guy's

YES! The D35 is weak! If I were you I'd find one out of a 96 or newer with 29 splines unless of course this axle is dirt cheap. You can always convert the 27 spline to a 29 spline but I am not sure what all is involved.

thanks its free !! its is going in to a 96 !! but just thought i would ask if it was worth it ?? going to put 4.5 lift rear springs and 2" shackle might do it then !!??

My 88, 85, 89, 90 XJ's all had issues with the Dana 35. My 91 with a stock 8.25 and the 90 with a swapped in 8.25, no problems. Plus, it's a bolt in swap. You just need the bigger U-bolts from the 8.25. Good luck.

i just broke my dana 30 driver side axle last week !! wish there was a drop in bolt in axle swap for the front ?? beside the rubicon d44 ?? my pockets arent that deep !! hell there inside out !!

Back