• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air intake restriction ?

bobfortier

NAXJA Forum User
Hi

I just looked at my air filter, all is fine, but looking down the tube I saw this

Throttle001.jpg

Is that normal on a 2001 XJ ? Am I the only one with this ? I think it must restrict my airflow quite a bit, don't you think ?

that looks like one of those ghetto tornado things...take that beeotch out and let your poor jeep breathe

Wow, at least the real tornado's are made out of metal. Like the intake wouldn't bend those flaps flat in a WOT scenario?

Or is that metal? Doesn't look like metal to me.

OH MY! That things pretty bad. Atleast the real Tornado is designed not to restrict the airflow it just makes it "twist". That thing just has teeth that stick out which will never do anything. Not that i'm a believer in the Tornado. I used to work in an parts store/speed shop and I used to get all the ricer boys to buy them. They would ask if they worked and I would tell them some BS story. It was so funny to see little ghetto punks pay $80 for a little piece of stainless steel.

OH MY! That things pretty bad. Atleast the real Tornado is designed not to restrict the airflow it just makes it "twist". That thing just has teeth that stick out which will never do anything. Not that i'm a believer in the Tornado. I used to work in an parts store/speed shop and I used to get all the ricer boys to buy them. They would ask if they worked and I would tell them some BS story. It was so funny to see little ghetto punks pay $80 for a little piece of stainless steel.
How could you, in good conscience, tell anyone they should buy one of those things?

Don't you guys read all the literature? Pay attention to the advertising! He probably lost 8, maybe 10 hp when he took that thing out! Put it back!!!! :D

Damn,... go far enough and you'll still never see the limit of human stupidity
.....,how to turn a 4.0 into a 2.5 :cry:

How could you, in good conscience, tell anyone they should buy one of those things?
Sales bonuses! This one kid was actually convinced that 2 would even work better than one! It was for some little shitbox non turbo '04ish Imprezza. He came back and said he knew it was more powerful because it was getting worse fuel economy LOL. I didn't understand his theory HAHA.

Sales bonuses! This one kid was actually convinced that 2 would even work better than one! It was for some little shitbox non turbo '04ish Imprezza. He came back and said he knew it was more powerful because it was getting worse fuel economy LOL. I didn't understand his theory HAHA.
Dude, you really shouldn't brag about that.

Dude, you really shouldn't brag about that.
Was I bragging or just telling the story. Besides, when Mom and Dad buy their 17 year old a brand new car and they start modding it with useless junk like a fart muffler and a wing the size of the car you deserve this sort of attention.

I was dumb enough to buy a Tornado product for use on my previous Cherokee (1989 Pioneer Renix 4.0l). Didn't help power any. Just messed up fuel economy. Just another way for the unaware to be duped out of their hard-earned cash.

Back