• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX-15 mate to NP242?

ChaseN

NAXJA Forum User
So I've searched, and cant figure this out...will my AX-15 properly mate to a NP242? I've currently got a '91 XJ Laredo with an AW-4 and NP242 in it, and I've got a parts Jeep (91 as well) that has the AX-15 in it. I'm planning on replacing my AW-4 with the AX-15 (already done it once before on my old MJ, but with a 231) and really want to keep my full-time 4wd. Is the spline count the same between the '91 AX-15 and '91 NP242? Anything else I have to worry about?

Thanks guys :thumbup:

I mated a 1990 AX15 with a 1991 NP242. The linkage was a little funny (although I went from the shitty peugeot tranny to the ax15 which changes the linkage geometry) but other than that it went together smoothly.

Thanks alot for the comments guys. I figured it would go together ok, but I just wanted to make sure well before I started rippin crap apart.

Back