• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crown vic disc swap on d44?

Tre

NAXJA Forum User
I know I know. I've searched. Haven't found anything.

I was just curious if anyone has used the caliper brackets off of a newer CV? 96 and up?

I wound up with a set of 96 cv brackets and didn't think anything of it. I got it all fitted on the d44 axle with the only modification being having to widen the big hole so the bearing will pass threw. i did not have to grind down any spots on the back side of the bracket. they bolted on flush without modification.

I should have it all finished up by the end of the weekend. I'll post up how it turned out.

but i was just curious if anyone else has used the newer style brackets yet. cuz all the writeups i've read have been with the older style upto 95 i think.

Let me know how it turns out and post some pics:video:

I've been searching on a way to use disc brakes other then ZJ brakes on my 44. Are you also using Crown Vic calipers?

ok i got the one side all finished up today.

it all fit together nicely. the parts i used are as follows, all are from a 96 crown vic:

caliper brackets (widened the center holes for the bearings to fit threw)
calipers
pads
rotors
hoses

rubicon retaining plates modified to the proper bolt pattern.

steelmen said:
Let me know how it turns out and post some pics:video:

I've been searching on a way to use disc brakes other then ZJ brakes on my 44. Are you also using Crown Vic calipers?
search on hear its been done before and there are howto's. My post was in relation to if anyone has used the newer style CV parts yet? cuz thats what mine came off of. the main difference is the caliper bracket.

Back