• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.8 Problems

Fire Tulle

NAXJA Forum User
Whats goin on? Im a new xj owner [86 on 35's], but no stranger to jeeps [77 Wagoneer]. Im having a big problem with the worst engine ever made aka 2.8 V6. I took it to smog, and it died twice on the rack. The first time, the distributer went out. The whole spark system has been replaced [plugs, wires, cap, rotor, dizzy, coil], but it still wont start.

Im a decient wrecher, but I cant get the damn thing to start. Every time I set to tdc, it wont start. Im doing all work by myself, so any advice would be appreicated. Thanks

Theo

Fire Tulle said:
Whats goin on? Im a new xj owner [86 on 35's], but no stranger to jeeps [77 Wagoneer]. Im having a big problem with the worst engine ever made aka 2.8 V6. I took it to smog, and it died twice on the rack. The first time, the distributer went out. The whole spark system has been replaced [plugs, wires, cap, rotor, dizzy, coil], but it still wont start.

Im a decient wrecher, but I cant get the damn thing to start. Every time I set to tdc, it wont start. Im doing all work by myself, so any advice would be appreicated. Thanks

Theo
ignition module
i have seen them fail on all jeep models

Back