• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel vapor canister hoses

ptf18

NAXJA Forum User
Any source for the hose that goes from the canister to the hard plastic line? Also, the U shaped hose that goes from the hard plastic line to the Air Box. It has 2 different diameter ends.
I suspect I'll end up at the dealer:flame:

Oh yeah what about the large intake hose that goes from the Air Box to the Thottle Body? Dealer :sure:?

Replacing these SHAPED 20 y.o. hoses is $$$$ but I geuss if I got 20 years out of them what should I expect.

On the vapor canister hoses - the smog guy failed me because mine were looking pretty cracked and worn. I took out the hard plastic tubing all together and just ran hose the whole way. I got it at Autozone, you have to get fuel rated hose or it won't last. Pretty cheap. IIRC the end at the air box is larger, so I got the right size hose for that also and joined the two sizes of hose with a brass barbed fitting near the air box. I routed it in the same spot as the plastic tube. Works and looks great. I've not replaced my intake hose, but I bet if you went to a local parts shop that caters to the performance guys, you could find something to work.

Back