• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle seal

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
my xj 44 keeps blowing axle seals. how can i fix this? its got 4.56 and a lock rite if that helps. i dont have a press and this is the 3rd one this month.

You may want to also check the surface the seal rides on. If it is groved, the seal will have a tough time of it.

Remember to grease the seal and axle where the seal rides before assembly. Running a dry seal on a dry axle will quickly ruin your new seal.

-Ron

You may want to also check the surface the seal rides on. If it is groved, the seal will have a tough time of it.

Remember to grease the seal and axle where the seal rides before assembly. Running a dry seal on a dry axle will quickly ruin your new seal.

-Ron

Great points. First one fails from age...next get replaced without any lube on the surfaces. Totally feasible. Not saying OP did it, but good stuff for anyone following along.:D

Back