• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hybrid Cage A-Pillar attachment

3XJFamily

NAXJA Forum User
Planning on starting my cage build in about 10 days. I've got a buddy experienced in cage building who has all of the tools, just hasn't done a cherokee before. I've settled on the basic design, it'll be a hybrid = B-Hoop and back inside / A-Pillar outside. The plan is for a small halo at the roof line, attaching externally to the A-Pillar, and through the roof to the B-Hoop.

I've seen some pics where the front legs of an exo-cage tuck through the fender and was wondering if anyone had pointers or pics on how they attached them. . .

All the ones I have seen attach to the front rocker replacements, including mine.

4192_594641686390_25916241_35517565.jpg

-Alex

Excellent, and thanks for the pic. That's exactly how I want to route the front supports. I've got a set of AJ's sliders I can tie into.

How'd you go through the roof? We were planning to use a hole saw, and seal with something like the stuff they use for sunroofs.

Excellent, and thanks for the pic. That's exactly how I want to route the front supports. I've got a set of AJ's sliders I can tie into.

How'd you go through the roof? We were planning to use a hole saw, and seal with something like the stuff they use for sunroofs.

I just built a cage almost identical to Ba-Riedo's, and I tied them into my AJ's rails.

Just a little heads up: I needed to extend the rail about 2inches in order to get a good purchase for the tube.

And I too welded to the roof, and applied seam sealer as a backup. I tested before the seam sealer and got a tiny bit of water leakage. Almost not noticeable; just enough to make me want to seam seal it.

Back