• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will this really work? JP says so...

Gooch1892

NAXJA Forum User
Currently, I'm in the middle of re-finishing the interior on my 96 two door XJ, and well I've decided that since for atleast the next couple of years this is going to be my DD that I want power accessories. In the meantime, I've also been compiling the parts it will take to do the 97+ nose swap. I was under the impression to gain the power windows and locks that it would be easiest to swap the whole doors from a 97+. Being that my XJ is a 2 door, finding the doors hasn't been so easy...atleast for a decent price. But I stumbled across this article saying that a 4 door piece would fit onto an earlier 2 door model XJ. Tell me if they're wrong???!!?

Here's the link
http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/body/154_0901_jeep_cherokee_xj_door_upgade/index.html

Thanks

i could not find the part you are talking about. i cant see any mention of a two door model...
can you paste it up? i might be blind, but maybe not.

and mj's and four door xj's share the same door...
but i see no mention of two door xj's in the article.
maybe thats what gooch1892 was confused about.

"But the doors that we used came from a four-door XJ, and this upgrade works the same for an XJ as it will for this '92 MJ"

That's where I was misunderstanding JP.

Like I said before I was sure about the difference, I didn't know the MJs used the same doors as the four doors. Too good to be true I guess.

Anybody have any doors for sale...from a 2 door model? lol

Thanks for checkin though guys

Hey, I know that 92 MJ. :D

Back