• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear travel

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
How much up travel do you have in the rear. I just moved the shock mounts up and am looking for new shocks (5125 or 5150 bilsteins). My only concern is the 10'' shock will only give me about an inch and a half up travel with plenty down travel. If I go with an 8'' shock I'll gain some up travel but lose down travel. Any insight? O'yeah I have the 5.5'' Re springs/lift

I have the same lift and I have 14" travel 7100's mounted inside the cab. I moved the lower brackets up and ran into the same problem as you (no up travel). I now have 7" up travel (although my bumpstops limit the travel at about 6", and I have 7" down travel (I have never fully stretched it, but I am guessing the springs will limit this as well).

Good luck!

Check that I actually have about 3'' of up travel... not much but getting closer. Up travel is so over rated anyways.... its how long you can go.

Limited uptravel might be fine on the trail but it sucks ass on the access roads on the way to the trail when you want to go fast.

Limited uptravel might be fine on the trail but it sucks ass on the access roads on the way to the trail when you want to go fast.

What do you think I should do? Bumpstop a lot for the 10'' shocks and gain more downtravel. Or use a 8'' shock and gain more up travel and compromise on the down travel?

Sh#t something to think about.

What do you think I should do? Bumpstop a lot for the 10'' shocks and gain more downtravel. Or use a 8'' shock and gain more up travel and compromise on the down travel?

Sh#t something to think about.

Obviously I think you need more uptravel.

I now have 7" up travel (although my bumpstops limit the travel at about 6", and I have 7" down travel (I have never fully stretched it, but I am guessing the springs will limit this as well).

Good luck!

So your springs/bumpstop are maxed at about 6-7'' both up and down? This confirms pretty much the same measurements I had when I mearsued.

Just wondering if I went with JKS Read Adjustable shock mount would that give me more options with either the 10'' or 8'' bilstiens.

Back