• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Measuring left height for new control arms

dakotus

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking to install some RE Adjustable LCAs on my 99 xj. I am running Rustys 4.5" coils up front and BDS 3" + shackle in the rear. Xj is sitting nice and level right now and has been for the past few year.

Im running BDS non-adjustable poly LCAs, and stock UCAs at the moment. My problem is the steering wheel flys all over the place once I go over a bump. I also have Kevins XJ trackbar installed, which has finally centered my axle and helped eliminate most of the bumpsteer.

Also, the XJ really tends to pull to the right side if driving on the left lane....and pulls to the left if driving on the right lane. Not cool.

Now that all the issues are laid out, Im pretty sure adding new Adjustable LCAs will help with my problem. But, do I just go by the stock LCA chart that everyone has or do I take an actual measurement of the lift increase from stock measurements. (I thought it was 17.5" center of wheel to bottom of fender for the front....and 17" in the rear)

Anyone have an answer for me? Or another possible solution to the problems?

Back