• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2wd lift

49erRider

NAXJA Forum User
Well I wanted to throw a quick bb on a 2wd 00xj. Just wanted to do a 2 inch leaf pack and some spacers. Its just my dd but wouldn't mind a little better stance also my stock springs are sagging. Will I run into any major problems?

Thanks guys

The Leaf Pack will cure the sagging Stock Springs as they are replaced. Spacers are no problem either. You will not have to change out anything else in the Front End. You will have to Buy or Rent (Usually from a Parts Store like Auto Zone) a Spring Compressor to install the the Spacers. Its pretty much straight forward. Just Follow the Directions and you will be fine.

What Budget Build Kit did you go with? If you go to their WebSite, you probably can find Instructions in PDF Format to look at or Download.

Enjoy your Build.

Oh i'm not worried about doing the lift. It would just be my first 2wd so seeing if theres any forseen problems.

2wd = LESS problems.... no front driveshaft, and less rear driveshaft angle problems to worry about. for a BB, or anything under 3'', get physical w/ it... you dont need no coil compressors!

ive never used coil compressors on m jeep! not once in 4 different sets of coil springs...

2wd = LESS problems.... no front driveshaft, and less rear driveshaft angle problems to worry about. for a BB, or anything under 3'', get physical w/ it... you dont need no coil compressors!

It all depends on Who you are.

I'm a Grandmother and Mother and there is no way I can Compress those Coils on my own.

How do you know if he may be Smaller in Build or not as Strong as you? However, I am sure he is. IMHO

gut hunch? now he has heard from 2 sides of the coil compressor debate. he can choose which, autozone is open till midnight... besides, you use your body weight to droop the axle, not compress the spring... unless your super petite, you can do it. but yeah, i own coil compressors..... i just rarely use them

Yah I won't need coil compressors never have but maybe it would make things easier. Yah I just wasn't sure with it being 2wd if I was going to run into driveline problems. But seems like this should be alright.

Back