• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 A/C Heater Control - harness ends

bchulett

NAXJA Member #999
well, after chasing this problem for awhile, I finally bought a new AC controller... the problem is, the harness ends are a little fried, got hot enough the ends look a little toasted.

Anyone know where I can get these harness ends... you know, the plastic ends at the end of the harness that you plug into the AC controller.

I need the fan switch plug and the controller switch plug... damn if I knew the AC controller was the culprit, I would have changed the controller out a long time ago.

Damn dealers couldn't find the problem... lame.

I guess you have to do everything yourself if you want it done right...

Any help locating these harness ends would be appreciated.

I would hit the salvage yards.

Okay, I finally got down to the salvage yard and picked up the harness connectors that plug into the controller and fan switch - I have a question before I spend time taking this thing apart and perform the surgery.

Here's what I've replaced:
1. HVAC controller (2x)
2. fan blower motor (1x)
3. fan relay (1x under dash)

The new (old) connector ends are in good condition... splicing should be a breeze.

Question:
Before I replace the old connectors to restore the electrical connection between the relay, motor, etc., are there any AC electrical connections under the hood that needs to be looked at before I try and use the AC system?

Thanks

Back